Daily headlines of the latest data breach or cyberattack are a sobering reminder of the risks we all face. But did you know that human error is the leading cause of successful breaches?
The strongest link in company security: You and your staff
Phishing attacks, insecure passwords, and unsafe user protocols can open a back door straight into your network. Team training and support is a central part of corporate cybersecurity.
If you are concerned about your network’s security, give us a call for a free consultation
Lack of sufficient staff training—human error—is the leading cause of successful cyberattacks.
Cyber criminals are on track for a banner year
- Phishing attacks alone have increased 600% since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic and are responsible for more than 90% of reported data breaches.
- Phishing emails lead the pack as the cause of successful attacks, followed by lack of cybersecurity training and weak passwords.
- MSPs report that 1 in 5 SMBs have fallen victim to a ransomware attack. Those without managed IT services are at even greater risk.
60% of businesses never recover from just one cyberattack
As of July, 2020, 16 billion records have been exposed, up roughly 400% from the same period in 2019.
If you don’t have ongoing staff training and support, user protocols, and company policies in place, your network is at risk
Why is staff training so critical?
More than 3 billion phishing emails are sent every day. Phishing attacks account for more than 90% of reported data breaches.
30% of phishing emails get opened by the intended user.
Most companies invest 10 to 20 times FEWER resources into staff training than into hardware security.
Your team is the gatekeeper to your network
Make sure they get the training they need.
How well-trained is your Team?
Would your team click on any of these links?
- An email from a co-worker with a PDF download and request for feedback on the attached report
- An email from FedEx with a link for the tracking number of an expected package
- A security alert from Facebook (Note: Staff should NOT be interacting with Facebook on company devices–but that’s another issue!)
- A Microsoft operating system alert that pops up on their screen, warning them to take immediate action.
Phishing attacks look like legitimate correspondence from a trusted source. This is what makes them so dangerous and difficult to detect.
Free Guide: 8 Security Threats for Remote Workstations
Get our free guide that addresses network security for independent workstations, including phishing attacks and user protocols. Know the facts and learn how to protect yourself.
60% of small businesses never recover from a cyberattack
But you are not defenseless
As part of our managed and co-managed services, East Atlantic Security keeps your staff up-to-date with current threats through extensive, ongoing staff training, phishing simulations, and supplemental training.
Staff Training and User Protocols
Company policies and user protocols wrapped around staff training.
Employee policies and protocols based on best industry practices
Tracking user acceptance of policies and procedures
Regular, ongoing phishing simulations, posted phishing scores
Automatic supplemental training for failed phishing simulations
Reach out for a free consultation to discuss your team’s needs.
(For a limited time, we’re also offering a free security and backup audit of your corporate network. Details below.)
Co-Managed and Managed IT
Our comprehensive cyber training package keeps your entire team sharp and up-to-date with current threats. User policies and protocols are wrapped around training and simulations.
Comprehensive Protocols, Security, Monitoring, and Training Package
- Employee Policies and Procedures
- Staff Training
- Phishing Simulations
- Automatic Supplemental Training for Failed Simulations
- Dark Web Monitoring
- Zero Trust Client
- Quarterly Vulnerability Scans
Reach out for a free consultation to discuss your team’s needs
Concerned about Your Network’s Security?
For a limited time, we’re offering a free security and backup audit of your corporate network.
Free Security and Backup Audit
For a limited time, we’re offering a free Security and Backup AudIT of your company’s overall network health. We’ll review and validate data-loss and security loopholes.
- We’ll analyze your infrastructure, security, managed support and services, and communications.
We’ll also look for common places where security and backup get overlooked, such as mobile devices, laptops, and home PCs.
There is no advanced warning of a cyberattack
What Our Clients Say
For security, detailed references are available by request.
Contact us for a free assessment